Terms and Conditions of Use
In these terms and conditions, the terms "we", "us" and "our" are a reference to Technology One Limited and its subsidiaries.By accessing and using the Customer Community, including participation in any of the Q&A forums, Chatter or Ideas (collectively "forums"), accessing the information services (collectively "the products") contained in our Customer Community, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.The terms and conditions may, from time to time, change. It is your responsibility to re-visit these terms and conditions. By continuing to access the information and products contained in our site you will be taken to have agreed to any amended terms and conditions of Use.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using this website.
Any comments posted to the Customer Community by members do not represent the opinions of Technology One Limited. The Customer Community is intended to provide a place for discussion on topics in relation to products and services offered by Technology One Limited and its subsidiariesWe reserve the right to remove any comments posted to the Customer Community that we, in our absolute discretion, consider to be in breach of these terms and conditions of use or any law or regulation.
Data Collection and Privacy
Monitoring use of the website
Use of any of the products are governed by the relevant terms and conditions for the product or service.Except as required by the Australian Consumer Law, we provide the products to you on an "as is" basis and without any representations by us regarding the use, performance or results of the use, of the products.
Membership to Customer Community
In order to be able to post information in Customer Community or any of the forums, you must become a member. To become a member, you must complete your registration details in the manner described on the website. Membership is free but non-transferable.We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.Membership of the discussion forum is only open to you if you are 18 years old or over and a user of our software employed by one of our customers. If you are under 18 years of age you must not register as a member of the forums.
By registering as a member of the forums you agree to abide by the rules and guides relating to the forums, and the following terms and conditions:
- When you submit material to the forums, you assign all copyright and intellectual property rights which subsists in such material to us;
- You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password;
- You will not post or transmit any material or information which is offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or ethnically objectionable;
- You agree to be bound by our Community Guidelines on you participation within the Customer Community
- You agree not to disrupt the flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner which negatively affects other members;
- You agree not to impersonate any other person;
- You agree to provide current, accurate and up-to-date information about yourself as required under these terms and conditions;
- You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials;
- You will not post or transmit any material in which the copyright is owned by another person or entity and you warrant that all material posted is your original work and not sourced from any third party;
- You will not post any material which contains viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- You will not post any material that is clearly made to sell products or solicit money from other members;
- You will not post any material that is intended to mislead us or other members;
- You accept that any material or information provided by you may be posted in the discussion forum for any other members to read;
- All information provided by us in Chatter or the Q&A forum is provided in good faith. You accept that any information provided by us in these forums is general information and is not in the nature of advice. We derive our information from sources which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of publication and we reserve the right to update this information at any time;
- We do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide in the forums is reliable, accurate or complete or that your access to the discussion forums will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
- Except as required by the Australian Consumer Law, we are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by us. You should make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from relevant industry professionals before acting or relying on any information or material which appears in the forums;
- We do not accept any liability for the accuracy or content of any material posted by other members of Customer Community. We are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by another member;
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any information or material which you submit to the forums, nor do we accept any responsibility for any use or misuse which you or any other members make of information or material which you submit to the forums;
- We do not warrant that we will respond to questions or comments submitted by you to our forums;
- If you download any material from the forums, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material. You may not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded material. In addition, you may not commercialise any information, products or services from the downloaded material.
Your posts & Disclaimer
Disclaimer: We do not warrant that any material you submit to the forums will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. We do not warrant that we will post your information or material in the forums. If we elect in our sole discretion to post your information or material in the forums, we do not warrant that the material or information you submit will be posted within a certain timeframe.
Support and maintenance
You may log support cases using the Customer Community. By logging a support case, you agree to be bound by our Support and Maintenance terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
No provision of advice
The information contained in the Customer Community, including the forums or the products may contain features designed to assist you in complying with the requirements of the relevant legislation. You acknowledge that we are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services and nothing in the Customer Community, forums or any of the products constitutes legal, accounting, or other professional advice in relation to these matters. The help contained in our Software is not a substitute for obtaining the appropriate independent professional advice. Legal, accounting or other relevant professional advice should be obtained before taking any action in reliance on any of the products or services or what is produced by or any thing on the Customer Community, the Software or what is produced by you using our Software.
No responsibility for recommendations
Except as required by the Australian Consumer Law, we, our employees, agents, contractors and the authors disclaim any and all liability and responsibility to any person, whether a user of the Customer Community, the discussion forums or the products, in respect of anything (including, without limitation, any error in or omission from the Customer Community or products) and of the consequences of any actions taken or omitted to be taken in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon all or any part of the content, recommendations or help contained in this Customer Community or the products.
Corruption of Data and on-line access
Except as required by the Australian Consumer Law, we disclaim all liability for any corruption of data, inability to access data, loss of data, breach of privacy, or downtime as a result of or arising from the use of the Customer Community, discussion forums, including without limitation in connection with any online Services.
While we use our best endeavours to ensure that your information remains confidential (including the use of advanced encryption technology), the internet is not completely secure and there remains a possibility that information you provide could be intercepted by unauthorised persons.
By accessing our site, you accept the terms of our privacy statement, which are incorporated herein.
You agree that any intellectual property rights created in the Customer Community by you providing comments, ideas or suggestions will be assigned to us.
TechnologyOne and associated logos are trademarks of Technology One Limited.
You agree not to infringe our or any third party's copyright or any other intellectual property rights or common law rights in any of the material on the Customer Community or the products, for example you will not copy, download, re-transmit or disseminate any of the copyrighted material (except where this is expressly permitted by us). You also agree not to infringe any trademark of ours or a third party which appears on our site.
Passwords, access numbers and account numbers
On registration as a Member of the Customer Community you may be provided with a confidential password, access number and/or account number. It is your responsibility to keep these confidential and to notify us as soon as you are aware that any of these have been accessed by unauthorised persons. If you give any of these access tools to other persons it is your responsibility for any charges or other liability that may arise from those persons having access.
Limitation of liability
This clause is subject the Australian Consumer Law as amended from time to time, or other similar legislation of a state or territory of Australia.
In Australia, our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced, or service resupplied in the case of a service, if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
To the extent permitted by the Australian Consumer Law we (and any third party service provider): (a) expressly exclude all implied warranties whether as to merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, or otherwise; and (b) exclude all guarantees, conditions, warranties and rights that may be implied into these terms and conditions or imposed by law.
The liability of us (and, where applicable, a third party service provider such as a bank or financial institution) is limited to either providing the service again or paying for the costs of the service to be provided again unless otherwise required by Australian Consumer Law.
Except to the extent required by the Australian Consumer Law, neither we, or where applicable, a third party service provider, shall be liable for any consequential, special, consequential, economic or indirect loss that may be occasioned by you accessing the Customer Community or using the products; and our maximum liability for damages arising in connection with you accessing website or the products.
You agree that the terms and conditions of use are to be governed by the laws applicable from time to time in the State of Queensland, Australia.
If for any reason any of the terms and conditions of use is rendered void or unenforceable at law, then these terms and conditions are to be read as if that particular term or condition had not been included.
Roadmaps and future functionality
TechnologyOne may share information, including roadmaps and demonstrations of future functionality. Any such material is provided for customer information only, and is not a representation that any particular functionality will be developed or released at any particular time. You must undertake your own due diligence before purchasing any TechnologyOne product to determine if the product is appropriate for your purposes, and must base all purchasing decisions on the existing functionality of the product as at the date of purchase. TechnologyOne reserves the right to make changes to its roadmap, and the functionality of its products from time to time.