What to look for in an ideal asset management solution
When it comes to selecting software for asset lifecycle management, an imperative to 'do more with less' means forward-thinking organisations recognise the need for a unified approach.
An enterprise approach caters to whole-of-organisation requirements by linking applications, knowledge and data across your organisation. That helps you lead from a big picture viewpoint.
Decisions based on reliable, consolidated data are more likely to save your organisation time and money, and benefit employees and consumers alike.
Checklist of non-negotiable features
Although it’s clear you need an enterprise solution, there’s a wide variety of products and vendors. How do you begin to refine your options? Here are some features that you can’t live without:
- Comprehensive physical asset register
- Maintenance history and asset valuations
- Work and maintenance planning and management
- Work order creation and service level management
- Booking system for plant and fleet
- Work scheduling and contractor management
- Skills database to match human resources to work requirements
- Oversight of occupational health and safety
- Defect and risk records and management
- Detailed inventory and materials information
- Procurement and supply chain management
- Financial management, cost recovery and cost analysis
Ready to learn more?
To take advantage of the opportunities a whole-of-organisation approach to asset management can provide, complete the form to speak to a solutions expert.